Whenever possible we encourage consumers to bring their own mugs, we do however understand that this is not always practical and for the safest, most hygienic and sustainable option choose BioCups and Lids from BioPak.
- Produced in a facility certified compliant to international environmental standards and ethical and fair labour practices.
- Our cup and lids are certified carbon neutral – with all CO2 emissions from cradle-to-grave accounted for and offset through the purchase of carbon credits.
- Using Bioplastic for our cup lining and lids saves our valuable fossil fuel resources, it also lowers our CO2 footprint – by 75% compared to conventional plastics.
- Paper is sourced from certified managed plantations, with cup coating and lids made from Ingeo – an ingenious bioplastic made from plants not oil.
- Our cups and lids are commercially compostable where facilities exist. The cups are recyclable in a growing number of locations.
- Landfills are not designed to breakdown trash, only to bury it. When organic matter biodegrades in landfill it releases harmful methane gas (84 times more potent than CO2). Bioplastic will not biodegrade in landfill – which is a good thing!
- 1% of profits from the purchase of these products is donated to Rainforest Rescue for the restoration and regeneration of rainforest.
By converting all cups in Australia and NZ from PE to PLA bioplastic lining we wil save:
948 tons of CO2 emissions a year.
Equivalent to 5,990,000 km travelled, 669,000 litres saved or 205 cars off the road.
By converting all lids from PS to PLA bioplastic lids we could save
9,500 tons of CO2 emissions a year.
Equivalent to 60,100,000 km travelled, 5,170,000 litres saved or 2,060 cars off the road.
If all cups in Australia and NZ were BioCups we would save 600 tons
of plastic a year - which also saves 1 million litres of oil.