The Ellen MacArthur Foundation is a charity that works in education, business innovation and analysis to accelerate the transition to a circular economy.
We have added our signature to the Global Commitment for their New Plastics Economy initiative and have made several commitments to be achieved by 2020. Our vision is a world without waste and adding our signature means that we are another step closer. It is our mission to lead the market and inspire more people to join us relentlessly driving change in the global journey towards a circular economy. A world without waste is possible but only if we are working towards this together.
By signing, we have committed to:
- Raising awareness on the environmental impact of single-use plastic foodservice packaging and promoting non-plastic alternatives
- Promoting reusables as the most sustainable solution and investigating viable solutions to distribute reusable foodservice products
- Developing compostable bio-based alternatives to conventional non-recyclable plastic packaging and working with industry and councils to ensure products are recycled and composted properly
- Phasing out all remaining fossil-fuel based plastic products in our portfolio
- Replacing all plastic sleeves used to transport and protect products with a compostable alternative
- For other product packaging, work with our manufacturing partners to source a food-safe solution with at least 25% recycled content